Monday, March 26, 2007

Paycare Direct Mailshot


Well this is truly an image I will remember. It was captured on an eos 1ds mark 2 in my studio. The first model commissioned was not liked by the UK client so I (yes moi) had to take the daunting task of stepping in front of the camera as well as shooting the image. The things that some people do for money eh? The final image is a montage of about six different photographs, comped in photoshop and used in a direct mail campaign in the UK. The concept was to show that Paycare (a leading private health insurance company in the UK) will pay for all of your medical ailments whatever they maybe. Hence the money being strategically placed around my rather well rounded body. I spent a morning scanning sterling, removing serial numbers, and printing pound notes - I almost felt rich for a moment! The final hi res image was sent via ftp, where it was dropped into the final artwork by Positive Advertising and is at this very moment dropping through letter boxes all over the U.K. What a sight with your kellogs in the morning, as one executive at paycare duly noted - it looks like a corpse with no hair - there goes my dreams of a vogue cover and multi million pound modelling career!

No comments: