Saturday, January 10, 2009

Concert Photography, capturing the emotion


BMA08_024, originally uploaded by allen venables photography.

I couldnt really post the Chasing Pandora concert photo without posting this one. It must be one of my all time favourite concert photos... and I have take quite a few. I wanted to do something different for this particular shot, there were about 5 other photographers present on the night, all shooting great action pictures of the performers Iam sure. So in order to get something different I decided to concentrate a few shots on crowd / performer interaction. I think this sums up the night perfectly. I also have another shot of one of the girls in the crowd touching Ray Mercieca's doc marten boots during his performance. Don't you just love these magic moments - split seconds in time - captured forever... no?.. well I do, and this type of image makes all the hard work worthwhile - who needs to shoot Madonna, when we can grab emotion like this one. Ps/. Madonna if you are reading this I would love to cover one of your gigs... yeah right.

No comments: